Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's your excuse why you are not exercising??

Here is a top 10 list of the excuses that most of my patients provide to me when I ask them why they do not exercise.

1: I don't really care about exercising. I work hard enough every day.

2: I have a lot more responsibilities that take priority in my life right now.

3: I'm so out of shape. I am embarrassed and think people will laugh at me.

4: I have a bad back, bad knees, chronic pain etc... (But are you doing anything to alleviate the pain beside taking medications?)

5: I go to the gym but I soon get bored, so I'm taking a break for a while.

6: There just isnt a gym thats close enough to me.

7: It's just too expensive. I cannot afford it.

8: I've had a bad experience at the gym, (Poor trainer or guys harassing obnoxious members etc...)

9: I'm too tired to work out by the end of the day. I just dont have the discipline to commit to an exercise program


and the number 10 reason.....

10: I don't have TIME!!!

If these are some or all of your excuses as to why you dont make time in your life to exercise, please reconsider and make time to keep yourself healthy. You'll be glad you did once the toxins are flushed from your system and you find yourself full of extra energy and ability.